November 11, 2020
The holidays are just around the corner! If you’ve already started your handmade gift making for this year, congratulations – you are ahead of the curve! For those of you who are just getting started, don’t worry. There are tons of quick last-minute projects you can make for your loved ones. Today, we round up some of our favourite free knit and crochet patterns on Ravelry to help you celebrate the season!
Nothing says “I love you” quite like keeping your loved ones warm. We’ve found a collection of patterns for beautiful hats, cowls and mitts that you can conquer quickly.
- The Scrappy Marl by Beata Jezek makes use of bits of leftovers in DK and fingering weight – we’re sure you have that in your stash!
- The October Hat by Sloane Rosenthal calls for a single skein of worsted weight and knits up with those beautiful cables. (BONUS: Check out the rest of the free hat patterns from Kelbourne Woolens’ Year of Hats)
- If you’re looking for a quick crochet hat, check out the Post Stitch Hat by Erica Dietz; all you’ll need is a fabulous faux fur pompom and you’re all set!
- If you love colourwork, check out the Easy Peasy Cowl by Karolina Adamczyk which works up quickly in aran weight yarn.
- The Free for All Cowl by Jen Peck is a simple one skein knit, but stays interesting with chevron patterning and eyelets.
- And if you’re looking for a crochet pattern, try the Facets Cowl by Ruth Nguyen. Add a color changing yarn and let it do the magic for you!
- The Point Edwards Mitts by Fairlight Fibers can be lengthened or shortened as you wish, and will keep someone’s hands cozy in DK weight yarn.
- If you love cables, try the Piitu Mitts by Heidi Alander!
- And add cables to your crochet with the Cabled Wrist Warmers by Julee Fort.
If you’re in the mood to add a touch of whimsy to the season or a handmade gift to someone’s stocking, check out these fun and free knit and crochet patterns!
- Who doesn’t love the tiniest of socks? Try the Mini Christmas Stocking Ornaments by Julie Williams,
- Christmas Gnomes by Hannah Cross will definitely add some good cheer to the season!
- Celebrate winter with snowflakes designed by Renata Saj; we love the Flower Star Snowflakes but she has many more patterns to choose from.
- Go traditional Christmas with either the Christmas Granny Baubles by Carmen Heffernan or Balls Up by General Hogbuffer, depending on which craft you prefer.
- Make sure you always know where those elves are with the Jingle All the Way socks by Jolijn Copier Designs
- Keep things simple with this sweet snowman, Lennie the Little Snowman by Janina Petersen.
- Again, keep a loved one warm and their water bottle toasty for longer with the Snowflake Hot Water Bottle Cover by Zoe Johnson.
- And if you’re looking for a quick stocking stuffer or last minute gift, everyone could use Coffee Sleeves by Minty Fresh!
Needles and More
If you’ve run out of time for crafting, but have friends who are crafters, check out our special holiday package!. It includes one set of kollage SQUARE™ double pointed needles in US 3 (3.25 mm), one kollage SQUARE™ circular needle with a firm 32” cable in US 6 (4.0 mm), and one kollage SQUARE™ crochet hook in Size D (3.25 mm) plus a clear SQUARE™ gauge ruler. Available now at your local retailer! Spoil yourself or your favourite crafter for the holidays.
We hope we’ve helped you find inspiration for your holiday crafting! We’d love to see what you make – tag us on Instagram with the hashtag #kollagesquareneedles or come share your creations with us in the Facebook Group.
Like this post?