Chunky Knits for Chunky SQUARE™ Needles!
July 19, 2021
This month we’ve added some new needles to our existing line: Chunky SQUARE™ Needles. Recently customers and yarn stores expressed interest in really big needles for those super-squishy super-bulky knits. We did a few rounds of testing and we’re thrilled to now offer fixed circular needles in US sizes 35 (19mm) and 50 (25mm).
These super-sized SQUARE™ needles are made of our lightweight aluminum and etched with sizing information that never rubs off. Both sets of needles have a 32” flexible cable, perfect for those bulky projects you’re itching to knit. And of course, they’re backed by our lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects and our top notch customer service. We can’t wait for you to try these needles – we know you’re going to love them!
Today we’ve rounded up a few of our favourite chunky knit patterns to give you a little inspiration for your new needles!
- The Magical Snowflake Hat by KnitCollage is a one skein wonder! This incredibly warm and cozy hat knits up in a single skein and just an hour or two. Add pom-poms for a little winter magic!
- Koselig Blanket by Wool and the Gang has a gorgeous herringbone stitch pattern. You’ll want to cuddle up under this beauty on cold days. Koselig means “cozy” in Norweigan – we think it’s aptly named!
- Engulf yourself in the ultimate wrap of cloud-like squish with the Tundra Scarf by Alexandra Tavel of Two of Wands. Lightweight, warm, and beyond soft, this wrap/shawl/scarf will have you bundled in heaven. No judgments if you decide to sleep in this one.
- Add a touch of autumn whimsy to your décor with this Pumpkin Pouf by Sandi Rosner knit in a super-chunky yarn. The soft knit cover is shaped with short rows and stuffed with bed pillows for a cushy place to prop your feet after a long day.
- The High Plains Scarf from Lion Brand is a fun textured scarf sure to keep you warm on windy days!
- Plans for the weekend? Knit the One Weekend Sweater by Anna & Heidi Pickles! This oversized comfy sweater is a quick knit. And make it marled – the combination of two yarns makes the sweater hold its shape even better!
We’ve also got a special treat for you. We made a short video so you could get a sneak peek behind the scenes – this is how your SQUARE™ needles and hooks get made!
Like this post? Pin it!